Commodity Management Internship
- Services, Technology
- Economics, International Business, Business Administration, Management, Purchasing, Supply Chain
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 40 hours per week, at least 5-6 months
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Leverage on the innovative power of the supply base and thoroughly shape costs and value trade-offs in product development. You will also learn and develop yourself by being part of a professional team that has significant business impact. It is a great opportunity to discover the company, learn the world of Procurement and get professional coaching.
You are responsible for
Maintaining accurate account of targets, actions and dates to drive results on Key Procurement KPIs
Contributing in your own area of expertise combining a strong business sense, analytical skills and teamwork.
- Researching and identifying cost-saving opportunities and provide support in the execution
- Providing analytics on savings performance to ensure ideas are implemented and targets are realized.
- Creating benchmark PowerPoint presentations based on excellent MS Office skills and your strategic insights.
You are a part of
The Global Commodity Management Team. Direct report to the Regional Commodity Leader in the Netherlands working in close cooperation with the Supplier account Managers and Global Commodity Managers. Your primary work location is Drachten in the Netherlands. But you can also work few days a week in other Dutch offices in Eindhoven or Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Studying towards a Bachelor/Master in Business Economics, Business Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain Engineering. or similar
Strong analytical, problem solving skills combined with a strong business. We prefer you to have familiarity with Big data and data stewardship activities.
- Ability to manage and organize both your own work as well as projects and stakeholder meetings
- Familiarity with Business Analytics tools; advanced Excel skills, nice to have Tableau, Qlik or other analytics tools
- Solid spoken and written English skills
- Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
- For students outside EU/EER, internship should be compulsory by your education.
Please attach following mandatory documents to your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter informing your availability and outlining your motivation
In return, we offer you
Professional coaching and work experience in global commodity business. You will also receive hands-on training for tools and skills that are useful to build toward to a successful career. Work location is flexible and can be discussed with the manager over the interview.