New product and business development Internship
- Services, Technology
- Human Resource Management, International Business, Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain, Marketing
Start date: August/ September 2019
Duration: 40 hours per week, for at least 6 months
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Explore relevant innovation directions for our coffee businesses. You will generate and screen ideas, develop concepts, create prototypes, and generate proof of function. You will be involved in the whole chain of a product development– from product ideation to activation on the market, and actively drive your creative ideas to our team.
You are responsible for
Product prototyping and testing
Working with technique experts to generate ideas and translate them into propositions
- Generating and screening ideas based on technology fit and consumer relevancy with the team
- Determining market potential and go to market strategy underpinned with business case
- Conducting Competitor analysis
You are a part of
The Philips Coffee innovation team, within the Business Group Coffee. You will be working in a network of various stakeholders based in the Netherlands (e.g., engineering team, consumer marketing team and design experts). You will be part an international team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO (Msc.) in Physics, Electronics, Chemistry, Industrial Design, or Engineering
- You are able to think creatively and pragmatically
- You can collaborate with marketing and engineering teams, and create network within the organization.
- You have strong analytical skills and the passion to drive business growth
- You have good communication and speak & write fluent in English
- Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
- For students outside EU/EER, internship should be compulsory by your education.
Please attach following mandatory documents to your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter informing your availability and outlining your motivation
In return, we offer you
Working experience in a global multinational, in the domain of Coffee appliances. Hands-on product development experience, combined with marketing communication experience.