Internship: Procurement Engineering - Project Support (non-thesis)
- Fast Mover Consumer Goods, Services, Technology
- Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain
Start date: ASAP
Duration: full-time, 6 months
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Leverage on the innovative power of the supply base and thoroughly shape costs and value trade-offs in product development. You will learn and develop yourself by being part of a professional team that has significant business impact. It is a great opportunity to discover the company, learn the world of Procurement and get professional coaching.
You are responsible for
- Executing and improving continuously the Procurement Strategy; setting up component display rooms, supporting training on strategy, and managing stakeholder.
- Providing support in significant product cost reduction activities, in early phase innovation and/ or in the manufacturing phase.
- Identifying opportunities in new product design process through target costing, managing cost drivers and data sources.
- Providing analytics on savings performance to ensure ideas are implemented and targets are realized.
- Creating benchmark PowerPoint presentations based on excellent MS Office skills and your strategic insights.
- Providing Procurement support in new development projects of our Grooming and Shaving devices.
You are a part of
An international and dedicated Procurement team of 8 people, based in Drachten. Procurement employees within Philips are entrepreneurial and understand the business. You will cooperate closely with the Site Procurement Specialists and Procurement Engineers various projects and assignments. You will be able to see glance of how our Procurement organization cooperates with other functions such as Marketing, Innovation and Procurement Commodity Management.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor/master/ MBA in the area of Procurement (Business), Supply Chain (Engineering).
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills combined with a strong business sense and a drive for business impact. Preferably with familiarity with Big data; and data stewardship activities.
- Able to manage and organize both your own work as well as projects and stakeholder meetings. Hands-on and project driven mentality, positive mindset and ambitious
- Familiarity with Business Analytics tools; advanced Excel skills, and/ or analytics tools such as Tableau, Qlik or other.
- Solid spoken and written English skills
Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
For students outside EU/EER, internship should be compulsory by your education.
In return, we offer you
An exposure to a very dynamic business and experienced Procurement team. With the right attitude, you get a fantastic opportunity, doors will be opened and with strong performance and talent it can potentially be the start of a great career.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.