Consultant Debt Advisory
- Starters position
- Consultancy, Financial Services, Services
- Required language
- Dutch, English
- Economics, Finance, International Business, Business Administration, Management
Would you like to help build a fast-growing Debt & Capital Advisory practice? Then join PwC’s Debt & Capital Advisory team as an Associate. PwC's Debt & Capital Advisory team (DCA) consists of approximately 100 professionals and is active in more than 20 countries. It is part of the global PwC network and works closely with M&A, Transaction Services, Tax, Accounting, Legal and our other teams.
As Associate DCA, you will play an important role in executing challenging and complex credit deals involving multiple banks and alternative financiers for our Private Equity and Corporate client group. You will be working in a deal team and other senior colleagues will also be closely involved in initiating new deals and developing proposals that require you to work with various other teams within PwC Advisory.
Who are you?
You are a graduate with relevant internship experience or a starting finance professional who is ready to kick-start or take the next step in your career. You want to learn new skills, share what you know, expand your network and contribute to the continued growth of our advisory practice.
- You have a Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics or Econometrics with higher than average grades. If you have a degree in another discipline, but are able to demonstrate a solid financial foundation and affinity, you are certainly welcome to apply; or
- You have 0 to 2 years of work experience in Leveraged Finance, Structured (Acquisition) Finance, Event Finance, Corporate Clients, Debt Markets or a similar background at a bank, or experience as a finance lawyer and interested to switch career .
- You have already gained experience during an internship at a bank, corporate finance boutique or private equity.
- Alongside your studies, you worked on developing yourself more broadly by being an active member of the student body, taking on relevant side jobs, participating in exchange programmes or participating in top-level sports.
- You like working in a fast-paced transaction-driven environment.
You have strong analytical abilities, excellent understanding of financial statements and a solid foundation in Powerpoint and Excel.
- You have a good command of Dutch and English (both verbal and written).
- You have a strong work ethic, organisational skills and ability to multitask.
- You enjoy working in teams, have an eye for details and perform well under time pressure.
- You like being part of a team that works directly with clients and you enjoy building relationships.
What does the job involve?
We organise and execute challenging financing and re-financing transactions for companies and private equity firms, for example acquisition financing, growth financing and the refinancing of existing debt. Our solutions range from bilateral financing and club deals to international syndicates, in which we work with traditional banks, alternative financiers and capital market solutions. The DCA team is part of the Corporate Finance department. You are guaranteed a varied job in a dynamic, transaction-driven practice with many young and ambitious colleagues.
Day to day, you will work on origination projects as well as the execution of live mandates. You will analyse (corporate) financial data, market dynamics and you help build financial models and presentations. You will also attend meetings with clients at which you will take an increasingly active role as time goes on. Overall, you will be a proactive member of several deal teams and work closely with other DCA team members and other PwC specialists both in the Netherlands and abroad. You will come up with optimal solutions because you know which credit providers are active in the Netherlands and what they can offer. In every deal that you execute, you will work closely with our clients, most of whom are CFOs & CEOs at corporates or investment managers at private equity firms.
What are we offering?
A job with PwC means working with a wide variety of clients and inspiring colleagues. It also comes with a competitive employee benefits package that gives you ample room to grow and work and live flexibly.
- We offer a varied job in an international, challenging and professional environment.
- You will have access to many different training courses and programmes.
- You will be part of an international advisory organisation.
- You will play an important role in prestigious transformation projects.
- You will have an outstanding package of employee and fringe benefits, including a partly non-contributory pension, a lease car, and 32 days of holiday leave a year.
Who are we?
PwC employs about 5000 professionals in the Netherlands who work together closely across twelve offices. We offer ample opportunity, both in your profession and personally, to get the most out of yourself and your career. You will have the chance to explore, network, improve yourself, and make an impact. We guarantee varied work in a pleasant and supportive workplace. We acknowledge our responsibility to society and we act accordingly, with an awareness of individual differences and what you need to develop your specific talents.
Are you interested, do you recognize yourself in our purpose and values and do you fit in with the profile? Then upload the following documents via the button below:
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (highschool, bachelor- and master)
We will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application's progress. Do you still have questions in the meantime? Then switch with Fraukje Martens our recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org
Note:Applications will only be accepted when all required documents are uploaded.