Global Clearing Talent Programme
- ABN AMRO
- Banking, Financial Services
- Required language
- Dutch, English
- Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Management
Global Clearing Talent Programme
At a glance
Do you want to be part of an international company, a global leader? Work for a business that plays a vital role in financial markets around the world. Will you help us to stay a Top-3 company globally?
Do you have an eye for business opportunities? Do you want to work with the newest technologies? Find new markets, clients or products? Then the ABN AMRO Clearing Global Talent Programme might be just what you are looking for. You will work together globally to serve the best trading firms via our network and proximity to market infrastructures on four continents.
Depending on your preferences you are going to start in Amsterdam, Chicago or Sydney. In the first weeks, you and your fellow graduates will attend the Global Talent Programme training in Amsterdam in which you’ll get to know the ins and outs of the bank. Besides a broad training to get to know the business, working on your personal development is a key component of the programme. Experts, professional trainers and ABN AMRO Clearing managers facilitate the different sessions. Together they will give you a solid basis for your future role within Clearing. You will be part of an international group of graduates allowing you to build a global network. A great start to your ABN AMRO Clearing career!
In the 12-month programme, you are offered 3 business rotations. You’ll take full responsibility for your own assignments. You could, for instance be working on product or service improvements or you may be involved in developing a new risk model. You will have 2 rotations in your ‘home’ country – the office where you applied - and in 1 rotation you will gain experience working in one of the other Clearing offices i.e. Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Chicago, London or Amsterdam. During your rotations, you’ll get to know different parts of the organisation. You’ll get a chance to branch out into the fields of Risk, Finance, Operations or Commerce; broadening your knowledge-base and network. After 12 months, you’ll be ready to start in you first role at ABN AMRO Clearing.
Your working environment
In banking, Clearing denotes all activities from the time a commitment (buy or sell) is made for a transaction until it is settled. ABN AMRO Clearing acts as an intermediary between clients and the exchanges these clients trade on. We become the buyer to the seller and seller to the buyer, taking over the risk to reconcile orders between the parties in the transaction. We do so for professional traders, investment managers and corporates. We understand them and strive to deliver the same high-quality service across the globe. As clients are highly demanding and the market environment fluctuates you’re guaranteed to learn a lot in a short space of time. Working at ABN AMRO Clearing means thriving in an international, professional yet informal, fast-paced, IT-driven environment.
You’re attracted to the global financial markets, you are highly analytical and you embrace technological developments. You have the ability to bring colleagues from different backgrounds, expertise and cultures together in order to optimally serve our clients. The continuously changing environment in which regulations and sustainability play an important role requires an adaptive mindset. You are curious by nature, drawn to continuous improvement and innovations. Of course, you are result driven, have an inquisitive mind and you enjoy learning new things in an international environment.
Who are you:
• Entrepreneurial spirit, creative mindset and capable of assessing and evaluating risks
• Knowledge of or at least interested in technology and how this supports business improvements;
• Thrives in an international context;
• Thinks in terms of what’s possible, sees opportunities and takes a solutions-oriented approach;
• Self-starter who readily assumes responsibility;
What is your experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably followed by a Master’s degree;
• No more than two years of work experience;
• Extracurricular activities;
• Experience abroad or demonstrated international interest;
• Affinity with the financial sector and markets, new technologies
What we offer
You'll receive dedication and guidance from your line manager, assignment supervisor, trainers and a mentor. In addition, ABN AMRO Clearing offers you extensive soft and hard skills training that allows you to increase your technical knowledge, deepen your understanding of financial markets and products, and further develop your personal skills. You'll also be working together with your fellow Talents (Graduates) throughout the programme.
We are offering (NL CLA)
- The opportunity to be the best you can be, work flexible hours and lots of room to grow both personally and professionally
- The opportunity to pro-actively work on your vitality and fitness
- A supplementary benefit budget of 11%, which you can spend on additional fringe benefits
- A personal development budget of EUR 1.000 per year
- An annual public transportation pass or travel budget, depending on the function
- A solid pension plan
Are you interested in joining this international programme? Apply via the button below and upload your resume and cover letter. The Global Clearing Talent programme starts in September with a kick-off in Amsterdam, the application deadline is 01 May 2020.
The overall recruitment process includes
1. Resume & cover letter;
2. Online cognitive and personality test;
4. Assessment day in Amsterdam in June 2020 - this includes: an interview, a group assignment and case presentation;
5. Job offer
For more information send an email to: Graduates.firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to getting to know you!
THIS POSITION IS ALSO OPEN FOR NON-DUTCH SPEAKING APPLICANTS.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job Posting Date: 28-Mar-2020
Requisition ID: 27047