Quantitative Risk & Innovation Internship
- ABN AMRO
- Banking, Financial Services
- Required language
- Economics, Finance
Quantitative Risk & Innovation Internship
At a glance
Are you a MSc graduate looking for the ideal company to test and improve your skills? A place in which you can develop yourself into the Data & Risk Modelling Expert that you aim to become? Search no more! ABN AMRO offers you the possibility to work with the best professionals in the business.
We are looking for a skilled MSc graduate who has a solid quantitative background and a passion for working with advanced techniques to unlock the valuable information contained within performance, production and historical data and build risk models of the future.
Main assignment: Unlock valuable information and develop risk models
In your Quantitative Risk & Innovation internship, you will work within a corporate innovation team and take on the following responsibilities:
- play a key role in ensuring that the bank makes informed, data driven decisions and remains future-proof;
- decide on the best quantitative methods and techniques to apply to the data sets to unlock the intelligence contained within;
- work in a team developing new models and methods for quantifying risk.
Here you can apply your quantitative skills in the real world, on real data sets and business challenges, and make a positive impact for the bank and its customers. You will be supported by your team, which includes experienced risk analysts and innovation managers who can help you to develop and grow your skills.
Your working environment
The Innovation Centre is an open and lively space at the heart of ABN AMRO. It brings committed and engaged entrepreneurs, tech and AI experts, bankers, designers and innovation professionals together to work on the future of ABN AMRO. You will be part of the Platformification theme. This is a growing team of experts who use their combined professionalism, experience and skills to accelerate disruptive innovation on platforms and develop ideas from start up to scale up.
- You are a Master (WO) student in a relevant field with a strong quantitative and data component, like e.g. econometrics, mathematics, actuarial studies, quantitative economics or one of the natural sciences / engineering;
- You are available for a minimum of 4 months.
- Your study covers the basics of data science, in particular statistics, Machine Learning / AI and data engineering.
- You eat data for breakfast: you have strong analytical skills and affinity with data analytics, (pre)processing and data handling.
- You have experience in modern programming language sand statistical packages (e.g. Matlab, Python, R, SAS);
- You behave autonomous: you are disciplined to work without supervision and succeed.
- You communicate effectively (in written and spoken English) about your analysis and results.
What we offer
- As an ABN AMRO intern you will receive a work laptop, monthly fixed compensation (€600 for MSc students and €450 BSc students)
- A personal development coach and many other benefits in order for you to reach your professional potential.
Benefits of working with our team:
- The opportunity to learn in a professional, data driven environment and gain experience with real life challenges in building the bank of the future
- Support from a Personal coach to make the best of your internship and enjoy while doing so
- Attractive compensation, travel allowance and further support to make the best of your time with us (e.g. laptop, access to ABN AMRO Networking Events)
If you are confident about becoming a valuable member of our team, apply right away by sending us your CV and motivation letter!
How to do it?
- In your application present yourself briefly and then tell us WHY you are interested in both this assignment in particular and working at ABN AMRO in general. Subsequently, explain HOW you will be adding value to our team by highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
- Include your CV.
- Lastly, always include your availability period (e.g., from June 2020 to September 2020).
We are looking forward to get to know you!
Any doubts, questions or compliments for us? Get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (020-3433443) or WhatsApp (+31 06 831 53373)
Please Note: If you are not an EU-resident you need a valid working permit or a standard internship agreement if you are a non-EU/EEA student.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Job Posting Date: 02-Jun-2020
Requisition ID: 33965