Graduate Program International Trading OTC
- ACT Commodities
- Starters position
- Financial Services
- Required language
- Dutch, English
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
***This is not a job rotation schedule, but an open application for a Sales Trader role, as all our Sales
Traders benefit from the Graduate Program training.***
Who we are:
Based in the heart of charming Amsterdam’s financial district, ACT Commodities has a global
presence and trades a wide variety of environmental products. We specialize in helping our clients
achieve their environmental and sustainability objectives by trading carbon offsets (CERs and VERS),
green gas and electricity to sourcing, blending and delivering fuels and biofuels around the globe.
Our clients can maximize profits while reducing risk thanks to our carbon emission sales traders.
Whether you need to meet or choose your own sustainability goals, we’ll match products that offer
corporate compliance along with certificates to comply with EU-ETS obligations and emissions
reduction projects worldwide.
What you’ll do
As a Sales Trader for ACT, you’ll work with a range of clients across various industries, each with
their own set of exciting challenges. It’s your job to create, manage and grow your own portfolio of
clients, using your strong interpersonal skills and stellar communication skills to meet your clients’
You love a challenge and are hungry to drive your career by finding your own leads through cold
calling. Before your second morning coffee, you’ll break down barriers. And every day, you’ll go the
extra mile to make sure your clients will keep you on top of their minds.
You’re also a team player, which fits in with our team approach, which is to succeed by working
together. Your team will always have your back and support you with their unique set of skills to
close deals together.
Our collaborative way of working means most of our deals happen between two or more traders. It’s
a win-win approach that benefits our clients thanks to the full scope of expertise, skills, and our
combined networks that we offer.
Who you are
You’re a young and ambitious professional with (preferably) some experience or at least an affinity
with finance and sales. A cold-calling pro and charismatic portfolio manager with an entrepreneurial spirit. You are also self-motivated and keep going even when things get tough, are eager to learn,
welcome constructive criticism and are not afraid to fail and try again.
Your skills in a nutshell
- Native speaker of Dutch/ German/ French and fluent in English;
- Bachelor’s/ Master's graduate, preferably in Business, Economics or Finance;
- 0-2 years’ experience in Sales/ Trading/ Brokerage/ Business development;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal skills;
- A natural sales or business development personality;
- Cold calling wizard who genuinely loves growing your client list;
- Energetic, curious and ambitious;
- Driven to close deals and prove yourself.
What you’ll get at ACT
- Competitive remuneration and generous bonus plan;
- Comprehensive career development training
- (negotiation, sales, communication, our products);
- Relocation fee reimbursement;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- Exciting sales target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football team activities;
- Collective health insurance discount;
- Public transport card (depending on your residence);
- In-house Life Coach.
- Apply today and discover ACT Commodities!