Thesis Intern Enterprise Data Management
- Consultancy, Financial Services, Services
- Required language
- Human Resource Management, Change Management, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain, Marketing
Thesis Intern Enterprise Data Management
Write an innovative master’s thesis at the intersection of strategy and technology under intensive supervision, and gain access to an international network of market leading companies. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As a thesis intern within the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team, you conduct research on a topic of your choice that fits one of our areas of expertise. In order to take your research to a high level, you will receive intensive supervision from experienced consultants. You will gain access to the worldwide Deloitte network to give your thesis more practical impact and at the same time experience what it is like to work in our Consulting practice. Insights of the client challenges we work on will help you to determine whether Deloitte is your ideal first employer.
The team that you will be part of is Enterprise Data Management, Our Enterprise Data Management (EDM) team drives transformations towards a data-driven organization. We help our clients across industries to develop their long term data strategy, the processes and operating model. All with the objective to govern and manage data as a valuable asset and build the foundation to exploit exciting new opportunities that advanced analytics, AI, DataOps and automation present. We ensure a growing awareness on the importance of data management capabilities such as data governance, data quality and metadata management and help our clients to see, understand and capitalize data trends.
Potential research topics which we consider as a good fit with our area of expertise are data strategy, data operating model, sustainable and purposeful data management, data architecture, data governance, data quality, metadata management, data architecture, data mesh, data integration, data management tooling, augmented data management and DataOps. Of course, we also provide our interns with the flexibility to propose self-selected research topics.
This is how
As a thesis intern you will be fully part of the EDM team, where your primary focus will be writing your thesis.
- Write your thesis on a subject of your choice;
- identify and involve relevant (Deloitte) experts together with your supervisors;
- conduct (if needed) interviews with experts in the research field;
- validate your results in validation sessions;
- present your results to Deloitte professionals which gives the opportunity to apply the results directly at our clients.
What we offer
- a monthly remuneration of €750,-;
- a development program that allows you to continually develop;
- flexible working hours, you are in charge of your own agenda;
- a 32 or 40-hour working week
What you offer
We are looking for students who want to go that extra mile when writing their master's thesis. You are proactive, are very well able to work focused on your thesis, but you also like to work in a broader team of consultants. You have the guts to try new things through trial and error and always want to keep learning. Furthermore, for the position as a thesis intern Enterprise Data Management you also have the following qualities:
- an academic background (you are in the final phase of your master);
- a strong passion for data, which is reflected in your study, committee or work experience;
- enthusiasm, genuine interest or prior experience in the field of data management;
- extra-curricular activities, such as a board position or active membership of a study, student or sports club;
- strong analytical skills and ability to communicate complex ideas and analyses effectively;
- you master the English language on working proficiency and the Dutch language is a nice to have;
- the will to work in multidisciplinary, diverse and cross-border teams.
You will share your expertise with more than 150 colleagues in the Technology Strategy & Transformation team that is part of Deloitte Consulting. At our clients, TS&T specializes in answering questions and addressing key challenges in the domain of the Chief Information / Technology Officer, Chief Data Officer, and Chief Digital Officer. TS&T consists of four teams: Technology Vision & Architecture Technology Strategy & Operating Model Technology Transformation & Acceleration Enterprise Service & Process Management At TS&T we always do our projects together with our clients.
Within the TS&T team, we believe collaboration, personal development and diversity are fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. Additionally, we work in close collaboration with our colleagues from other member firms.
Let's get down to business
We look forward to receiving your application for this position. At Deloitte, we welcome everyone who can bring quality and ambition. We'd like to know who you are.